Moogseum: Enter into a World of Imoogination
The Moogseum is the hallmark project of the Bob Moog Foundation, with a physical Moogseum planned to open at 56 Broadway Street in downtown Asheville in April 2019, and an online Moogseum, replete with material from the Bob Moog Foundation Archives, to launch soon thereafter. The Moogseum will be an immersive, interactive facility where Bob Moog’s legacy and the science of sound comes alive for people of all ages. Please leave your name and email address to receive updates on our progress and for special event invites! Join us as we inspire the next generation of innovative thinkers.
Inside the Moogseum
The Moogseum will be the convergence of the Foundation’s goals of educating and inspiring people through electronic music, just as Bob did himself. It will serve as a educational, historical, and cultural resource to Western North Carolina and the worldwide electronic music community through the following experiences:
- Interactive exhibits that will allow people to explore and discover the science behind the sound of electronic music, replete with bays of synthesizers, theremins, and effect pedals from a variety of manufacturers.
- An interactive timeline of the life and work of Bob Moog and the many people who inspired him and with whom he collaborated
- An archival center where rare documents, including project notes, articles, photos and schematics from the Bob Moog Foundation Archives, can be viewed on an interactive LED screen
- A Young Inventors Lab where children will be inspired to explore electronic music and create their own circuit board
- A rotating exhibit space which highlights new innovations in musical instrument interface as well as shared exhibits from other museums
- Traveling exhibits which will allow us to share our innovative work with other facilities nationally and internationally
- An online Moogseum that will allow us to share our unique resources with the world.